Sunday 25 May 2014

Finally sat down to do a little digital painting

I joined up a facebook group "Virtual Plein Air" recently, was really at an awwww moment when Isaw the many inspiring paintings people were posting up here, the idea of traveling anywhere in the world without spending a dime just  rolling around in Google map with a touch of your computer button.

I really wished I thought of this idea earlier on, but someone finally did, and it is quite a fun experience similar to a urban sketch walk. Although the tough thing with this virtual plein air is that, finding the nitty gritty details that you want tocatch  (Like angle, lighting, subject and many more) becomes limited since these are simply photographs stitched up at the specific time and moment. And the fact I am working off from my laptop, my screen can only give me so much space to have my reference picture on the side :P so it's sort of crammy.

But I did have a blast giving this idea a try.
my Plein Air location was Portugal: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@41.14062,-8.613094,3a,37.5y,50.37h,81.65t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sHLTYzBohiwrJHYWK2x6Ohg!2e0!5m1!1e1


No comments:

Post a Comment